Artful Sonder is a unisex ethical t-shirt brand based in Leeds, offering limited-edition Read more [...]
Books, magazines, online, directory, events, courses & jobs: all you need to be green…
It’s about buying more wisely, consuming less, wasting less, thinking through the consequences of our purchases. It’s about reducing our impact on the planet and our fellows by making choices that are better for us, better for the environment, and better for other people.
It doesn’t preach, but it does show that there is a way forward to one-planet, sustainable living, a means to combat climate change and a way to protect the world’s scarce resources.
We publish in a variety of formats – both online and in print – and our aim is to be the directory for planet-friendly living.
- The Green Guide is the longest established practical guide to green and ethical living in the UK and was first published in 1994.
- Not only is it the oldest, it is also the most comprehensive, with over 25,000 entries – of which thousands are available online – making it the UK’s most diverse source of intelligence for anything organic, natural, fairly-traded and ethical. The information is constantly updated.
- The ethos of the Green Guide is simple. It is about changing our patterns of consumption and seeking out greener, natural and ethical alternatives to every conceivable type of product and service.
- It’s about buying more wisely, consuming less, wasting less, thinking through the consequences of our purchases.
- To help this process, the Green Guide provides all the essential information necessary to change what were previously the habits of a lifetime. Not only that, but practical, stylish, affordable alternatives for fashion, travel, food, beauty, education, home and household – and even weddings.
Whether you are looking for local food, natural cosmetics, sustainable energy, holidays, transport, education, contacts and much, much more, you’ll find it all in the Green Guides.
See also: Previous Issues.